Positions Currently Available -
Armbrust Plumbing and Heating Solutions is a 104-year-old family owned and operated company operating in the western suburbs. We specialize in the service and replacement of all aspects of plumbing, heating, and air conditioning from residential through mid-size commercial/municipal. We do not participate in the construction side of the industry.
We are looking to fill the positions listed below with team members that match our company culture.
- We treat each other, our clients, partners, and vendors with respect and expect the same in return.
- We strive to not only meet, but consistently exceed the highest expectations of both our clients and coworkers. We are experts in the niche we fill.
- Can do attitude. We have a saying here; “If not you, then who?”
- Team player. This a team that supports one another. We set each other up for success and lend a hand whenever necessary.
- Desire for knowledge. “The more we know, the further we go.” “Learning lasts forever.”
We have a variety of shifts available (4-10s, 5-8s, Mon-Fri, Tues-Sat, etc). Our plumbers take their trucks home and aren’t burdened with “window time”. Join the team that respects your professionalism and time.
- Service plumber with a minimum of 5-years of relevant service experience (note that we are also looking for an apprentice).
- Have an Illinois plumbing license or be willing/able to get one (CCCDI license a plus).
- Has great communication skills and is able to connect effectively with customers.
- Is skilled at troubleshooting problems using a logic-oriented approach.
- Can troubleshoot electric and gas water heaters.
- Has a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Is detail oriented both in the performance and documentation of services performed.
- Is proud to be a plumber and wants to be associated with a business that commands respect in our industry.
- We are a technology forward company. Must be comfortable with iOS devices and apps.
- Is productive enough to earn the six-figure compensation package that we offer our techs.
- Considers themselves as the “go to” tech.
We have one opening for a parts manager to fill a Mon-Friday position. This job involves driving and occasional heavy lifting.
This position is responsible for
- Ordering, receiving, and accounting for both standard stock and special-order materials.
- Staging parts and equipment for upcoming jobs
- Replenishing truck stock for 14-service trucks
- Arranging for and documenting fleet maintenance
- Maintaining a clean and orderly facility
- Checking out specialized tools to technicians and inspecting them upon return
- Light tool maintenance
Relevant inventory experience is required. Candidate must have exceptional organizational and time management skills. Basic computer use is a requirement for this role.
Answering inbound calls from customers seeking service (primary role)
- Scheduling technicians to perform those requests using our scheduling software
- Continuously evaluate the status of scheduled calls making changes as necessary to ensure we keep commitments made to our customers
- Work closely with the service manager(s) to achieve the most efficient scheduling possible
- Make outbound “happy calls” to customers to ensure they had a good experience with their recent transaction
- Make outbound follow-up calls for estimates and recommendations made by technicians (closed sales earn a commission)
- Participate in conversations and meeting about how we can continue improving our customer’s experience
- Do you have a creative side? Maybe we can work some marketing tasks into your workflow.
This is a 40-hour a week job. We are looking to fill this role from 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 4pm on Saturdays. Saturday hours are required. Which weekday hours fit best in your schedule? We would certainly entertain the idea of a (4) day work week.
- Must project happiness over the phone and be able to communicate clearly
- Experience with MS Office programs a must
- Organizational skills are required to manage all of the moving pieces of an active service request
- A sense of urgency is required to be successful in this position. Most work is done “in the moment” dealing with ever changing variables
- Must have some experience booking/scheduling calls. Tangent experience may be considered.